2012 ASPAB accommodation options
In Adelaide you’ll find more than 4,500 3 to 5 star hotel rooms in the central business district. The accommodation options in the table below have been suggested by the Adelaide City Council and Tourism Department:
Budget options: * A possibility for a group/bulk accommodation deal at special prices might be able to be arranged for one of the budget accommodation options below (1 to 4) but this has yet to be confirmed and is not guaranteed.
1) Princes Lodge Motel (http://www.princeslodge.com.au/index.php?p=1_1)
Room rates $65-$115 per night (or cheaper if the entire lodge is rented at once), some of these are twin share. There is a possibility that nearly all ASPAB attendees can rent the entire lodge for a very special price. In this case, all payment will have to be made in advance similar to the accommodation provided during 2011 ASPAB meeting. More details later.
2) Royal Adelaide Hospital Residential Wing (www.rah.sa.gov.au/aboutrah/accom.php)
Very popular place for visiting researchers at the University of Adelaide. Check out their website and make your reservations very early as this place is very sought after. Located in the heart of the city and a ridiculous 5 minutes walk to the ASPAB 2012 venue.
Ensuite option: $63.65 + GST per day/night for two people ($5.73 p/n per extra person)
VIP flat2 option: $92.00 + GST per day/night: This flat consists of 1 double bedroom, toilet/shower facilities, lounge room/breakfast bar, tv, video and kitchen facilities.
A special deal has been negotiated with the RAHRW for the out-of-state ASPAB delegates but the total number of rooms available will be limited to 40 at $25/night (including GST) BUT 40 delegates need to be confirmed by September 30th for this booking to take effect. Rooms will be assigned on a first-come first-serve basis. These are single rooms consisted of a single bed, wardrobe, desk/dresser, without air-conditioning but linen IS provided. The bathroom, kitchen, lounge & dining room are all shared facilities. Kitchen facilities consist of a fridge, stove, microwave, toaster and kettle. Pans, crockery or cutlery are NOT provided.
3) Kathleen Lumley College (http://www.adelaide.edu.au/klc/)
Address: 51 Finniss Street, North Adelaide. 81 rooms. Common room with fireplace, air-conditioned reading room & TV room, newspapers, magazines & stereo, games room, computer room, music room & fully equipped laundry. Breakfast & dinner Mon-Sat. No meals provided on public holidays. Fees for 2011: Single rooms with shared bathroom = $250-$260 per week (most with ensuite) or $270 per week; Ensuite, air conditioned = $295 per week; Sets (double bedroom, living/study rooms and bathroom, 1-2 people) = $540 per week. Visitor Rooms = $625 per week; Flats (2 person) $710 per week; Electricity $0.20 per unit; Application Fee $75, Deposit $500.
4) St Ann's College Inc. (http://www.stannscollege.edu.au/principal.htm)
This is a student college so only 20 rooms will be available during the conference. Rooms are cleaned daily (excluding weekends), linen is provided, and there is a choice of ensuite or shared bathroom rooms. There is a range of different price categories depending on presence or absence of ensuite, air-con and meals. Ask for student and conference prices! Cheapest possible rate: $42.50/night (= single room, shared bathroom, breakfast only). Mention ASPAB Conference Nov. 12-15 booking rates. One night's accommodation is required in advance to secure your booking. All credit card transactions incur a 1% surcharge. Extremely convenient, 10-18 minutes walk to the ASPAB venue. Address: 187 Brougham Place, North Adelaide 5006, SA, Phone: 08-8267 1478, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Adeladie Paringa Motel (http://www.adelaideparinga.com.au/)
The Advance Purchase rate gives you a 15% discount if you make your reservation more than 30 days in advance. Adelaide Paringa offers 45 rooms, of which there are Standard, Deluxe and Family options available. All rooms are comfortably furnished with ensuite bathroom facilities, LCD TVs with a selection of Foxtel channels and high speed broadband internet connections.
Further accommodation options in Adelaide
For accommodation in Adelaide during the workshop, we recommend the below options for their close proximity to the University and affordability:
6) Mantra on Frome. approx 10mins walk to the University. Contact phone +61 8 8412 3333. Standard rooms range from AUD$110-130
7) Adelaide Riviera Hotel, North Terrace, City. Standard room is around AUD $125.00 and approx 10mins walk to the University. Contact phone +61 8231 8000 or Toll free in Australia only # 1800 061 300
8) The Vines or Grand Apartments in North Adelaide City. Standard rooms range from AUD $79-$100. approx 10mins walk to the University. Contact phone Toll free in Australia only #1300 668 400
9) The Oaks Embassy 96 North Terrace, Adelaide. 1 bedroom apartment from AUD $134.00.
Ultra-budget, youth hostelling and backpacker options:
10) Try the site Backpacker and Youth/Student Hostels in Adelaide where a listing of local backpackers is provided.
11) Another site for students who are willing to share accommodation - check EasyRoommate or Adelaide Backpackers Accommodation